• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who come into work sick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who come into work sick

I know we have done this, but someone in this department sounds like they have whooping cough, they have come in through the snottiest part of this virus, constantly sound like they are barfing up a lung and have so far spread it to about 5 people. What exactly is so important that it's worth laying up half of the department? Even their manager told them to go home, but no they soldier on with spreading the epidemic. They are not even a contractor, so no financial excuses.

Grrrr

End of Rant

extra grrr
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I know we have done this, but someone in this department sounds like they have whooping cough, they have come in through the snottiest part of this virus, constantly sound like they are barfing up a lung and have so far spread it to about 5 people. What exactly is so important that it's worth laying up half of the department? Even their manager told them to go home, but no they soldier on with spreading the epidemic. They are not even a contractor, so no financial excuses.

Grrrr

End of Rant

extra grrr
    have a few days off and then sue them for loss of earnings....
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I know we have done this, but someone in this department sounds like they have whooping cough
      Really, or figure of speech?

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
      have a few days off and then sue them for loss of earnings....
      Certainly threaten them with the same. I have no qualms about telling permies and the managers of permies to bugger off when they are sick. I give them this lecture:

"Oi, Typhoid Mary! You are paying National Insurance and wasting it. Do you know why? Because people marched and protested for decades, got beaten by Police, shot down by dragoons but did it so you would have the right to stay home sick. That's right, people DIED so you wouldn't have to be here. Your employer is paying Employer's National Insurance. Do you know why? So you can stay at home and stop sabotaging production. Also, because you are working too slowly to be useful and what you are doing will be wrong because you are not up to making decisions. And did you know your colleagues are taking the p!iss out of you behind your back for being a martyr? And if I go down sick with what YOU've got, I shall be invoicing for the time off and putting YOUR name on the invoice. So why not go home now before I put in a complaint to your management about your behaviour."

Think I'm kidding? I've been using that speech for over 10 years and it works.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I saw a wino. He was eating grapes. I said, 'Dude, you have to wait!'
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Mirrors. They fool both cats and threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Most excellent!

Personal .sig changed accordingly.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I have a rare case of 48-hour projectile leprosy, but I know we have that deadline to meet so I have to work...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X