• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the dos and don'ts of office life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the dos and don'ts of office life

Hi All,

As some of you know I have a new job back in IT (thanks for the encouragement in the other thread), this jobs starts monday coming .

Anyway, this will be the first time working in an office for 5 years; so to help me behave correctly, what these days are the dos and don'ts in an office?

Originally posted by gables View Post
    Hi All,

As some of you know I have a new job back in IT (thanks for the encouragement in the other thread), this jobs starts monday coming .

Anyway, this will be the first time working in an office for 5 years; so to help me behave correctly, what these days are the dos and don'ts in an office?
    Don't ask stupid questions.

Comment

If you want to be a real techie:

Do stare down any cleavage you come across.
      Do make strange noises periodically
      Do some obscure work that no one cares about.
      Do communicate with grunts.

Don't make eye contact with anyone.
      Don't wash for days at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
        Don't ask stupid questions.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Don't forget to turn up.

Comment

Make sure you take enough cash for the obligatory office Costa/Starbucks etc..

Comment

Don't name your desk stapler "Mohammad".

Comment

Spend your first day working on a chart listing the attributes of all the women in the office. Then spend your second day working out a way of ordering it.

Everybody will like you after that.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Don't name your desk stapler "Mohammad".
                  You could be stapled to death for insulting stationary.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Spend your first day working on a chart listing the attributes of all the women in the office. Then spend your second day working out a way of ordering it.

Everybody will like you after that.
                    unless you are a woman - we do exist - really we do.....

Comment

Working...
                    X