• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Germany

Given that the UK economy does not look like it will yield rich pickings for us honest businessmen and that there are a lot of German companies looking for a lot of IT people at the moment. Is there a market there for British contractors or do freelancers need to speak fluent German or come from Turkey?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Did lots of contracts in Germany, Holland, Belgium, France & US. Never used an agent though.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Did lots of contracts in Germany, Holland, Belgium, France & US. Never used an agent though.
      Is Germany this contractors utopia of not having any agents?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Is Germany this contractors utopia of not having any agents?
        Any country without agents would be a good move towards a utopia.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Germany is a bit strange for agents, especialy if security is involved, but I have used an English agent in Germany no probs.
          With the current exchange rate some of the tulip euro rates seem pretty good.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Then again, Holland was always a good place for a branch office for agencies. Don't know if that still applies now though.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Germany is a bit strange for agents, especialy if security is involved, but I have used an English agent in Germany no probs.
              With the current exchange rate some of the tulip euro rates seem pretty good.
              I do strange so maybe I can fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Then again, Holland was always a good place for a branch office for agencies. Don't know if that still applies now though.
                Is Germany a big market for contractors? Considering its population and that it is the world's third largest economy jobserve is not exactly overrun by German based contracts.

Comment

Dodgy mate, you are fooked aren't you?

I hope you don't have a big mortgage to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Is Germany a big market for contractors? Considering its population and that it is the world's third largest economy jobserve is not exactly overrun by German based contracts.
                    I haven't been there for a few years but there was always work around. The pool of contractors working there pretty much ran their own network and passed on opportunites. None of the agencies I dealt with at the time were involved in Germany as far as I know, they tended to concentrate on Holland and Belgium which I guess were the staples.

I still hear from time to time from these same guys and some of these are still in Germany although Spain now seems to feature more.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X