• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woo hooooo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo hooooo

There is a lot to be said for bench time.
    Just got te company books bang up to date.
    I have done loads of work on the house.
    I had the day after my birthday off so had a great time Wednesday night.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Glad to hear you are having a better time than me. Been ill the last few days with the headache from hell, eating cardboard toast (which was all I could manage)....

Comment

It's great isn't it? The first couple of months just fly by. Around month 3 you get a bit bored and start trying to get another contract, but that stage is over by month 4, by which time you could carry on for ever. In my opinion.

Comment

Absolutely.

I am virtually benched. I will probably do 4 or 5 days next month.

The project I have been working on will need me for 20 days in February.

In between, I can sit with my feet up.

Back in my permie days, the thought of going two months without getting paid would have scared the tulip out of me.

Now, I have to expect to be out of work from time to time so I can enjoy it when it happens.

But ask me again in June, because if I haven't sorted out new work by then I will have to start living like a church mouse.

Comment

Working...
        X