• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DVLA Road Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVLA Road Tax

Has anyone tried using the DLVA road tax site. Been trying to figure out how to enter the Document reference number to its liking. It doesn't like it anyway I try. I reckon this is another EDS job and really...there is nothing behind it but some PHP that tells you "cannot find your details. Go to the Post Office"

The site also looks likes some 10 year old designed it...which could go for the Direct.gov site. What a shambles. All that Millenium money down the drain.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Has anyone tried using the DLVA road tax site. Been trying to figure out how to enter the Document reference number to its liking.
    Yes, used it today. Needed Registration number and Registration certificate (Log book) Document Reference number - 11 numbers, no spaces. Took it fine. Did you buy yours off a bloke in a pub and is the ink still wet

Comment

I used it to get road tax & change of address on my license, worked absolutley fine. Both disc and new license arrived within a few days although it stated 3-4 weeks on the site. I now have some sort of ID card with a PIN number to log on and make use of other gov services.

Surprised how well it all worked.
      Last edited by Cliphead; 1 December 2007, 18:06.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes - a few weeks ago and the year before.

Worked seamlessly both times.

Believe it will only work if you have an MOT certificate issued by an MOT station that has been computerised. The majority have but there are still a few using the old system. Perhaps this is why you are struggling as, if so, you have to queue with the biddies at the post office to get your road tax.

Comment

Used it last week with no probs. Actually, much as I hate to say it, most gov sites work ok these days apart from minor irritations. It isn't good enough, I HATE not having bad things to say about the government. Just typical of the bastards to spoil my pleasure.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've tried to use it two years on the trott and ended up going to the post office each time.

My tax runs out on the same day as my insurance and each time I apply for a disc, it says "can't find your insurance".

Either it's them or norwich union thats the problem.
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Well, went to try it again and the site is now down. I had entered in the document ref. without blanks and with and still would not take it. It is an older style V5/C (the car is 10 y/o) so maybe there is an issue there.

I would go to post office, but the insurance certificate hasn't arrived yet..as it only renews on 29th.
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Well, went to try it again and the site is now down.
                You broke it
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Comment

If you are trying to renew for then end of the December it won't let you yet.

You have to wait until about the 15th before it will recognise your details.

Comment

Working...
                    X