• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do useless people design automated call handling systems?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do useless people design automated call handling systems?

Just tried to find out the showing time of a film at the local Odeon. Was in a bit of a hurry. This has to be the worst calling/voice recognition system ever.

Apparently, if you want to speak to an operator you have to say 'speak to an operator', according to the girl who I eventually got through to by trial and error. 'So say that in the menu then' I said. How the hell am I supposed to know otherwise?

It's maddening. I just couldn't get the concept through to her. 'All I know is, if you say that, then you get through to one of us'. Really? Thanks for that. And I had to sit through 5 min of crap to get to the buried menu option which informed me of this very fact. Thanks.

I would have used the website, I hear you cry. And the website contains the wrong details. And my gf, who just happened to be passing an Odeon when I called her, popped in to ask, and they were about as helpful as a mouldy sprat.

Ach. I'm off out.

Why, you ask?

0870 numbers, mate. License to print money.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Usually just mashing 0 a lot gets you through to an operator.

Comment

Working...
      X