• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garden work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden work

My garden is big and its looking really awful, am thinking of getting someone to clear it and redesign it, some companies I looked say they also maintain gardens i.e. turn up every couple of weeks to do whatever maintenance it required.. anyone knows a good gardening services company? What are the prices normally, I know it depends on the kind of work, but any one knows cost roughly?

Also not sure if this is a good time of the year to do this, but may be it is ? i.e. plant all the bulbs/seeds before spring?

Depends where you live. Look in your local press.

For redesign, anyone who is any good should have a portfolio of their past jobs.

If all you want is maintenance, it would be cheaper to go for a local geezer on his own. There's usually a few about.

There's always something to do in the garden - plenty of tidying up at this time of year.

Comment

You will be amazed at how cheap the local geezer can be.

Comment

Go local for maintenance it will save you a lot of cash, but pay for a good re-design.

Comment

If you're anywhere near North London / Herts I know a man...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

This time of year just get someone in to clear it all back and then leave it until February/March. Then get a gardener to come in every couple of weeks until it's under control then scale the frequency back.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              anyone knows a good gardening services company?
              Depends where you are - I know a good company to do design work - Winchester area.

Cost depends on what you require. A design could be anything from £250 upwards. The actual work would be by the hour.

Comment

My garden is big and its looking really awful
                Is that a euphemism ?

Here, these might help...Keep it tidy
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                  My garden is big and its looking really awful, am thinking of getting someone to clear it and redesign it, some companies I looked say they also maintain gardens i.e. turn up every couple of weeks to do whatever maintenance it required.. anyone knows a good gardening services company? What are the prices normally, I know it depends on the kind of work, but any one knows cost roughly?

Also not sure if this is a good time of the year to do this, but may be it is ? i.e. plant all the bulbs/seeds before spring?
                  Thought this was going to be a post about Lady Gardening.....

Ok, I'll get me coat.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    A snip at £20/hr... and no IR35...
                    Mine costs £10 @ hour - although he is painfully slow to watch and gardening is his legitimate supplement to benefits - i.e. he declares it
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X