• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Careers advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careers advice

Own up, which one of you is this?

I'm not surprised you are frustrated - just reading your email makes me (and I'm sure very many other women) want to stomp round to these IT firms and tell them to get their acts together and stop wasting all the amazing talent to which they have access.

So just becuase they are a woman she'll automatically discriminated against? Has she ever though that she might just have been tulip.

Comment

Well, being a Grauniad reader is something that'd cause me to think twice about employing her. Not so much the newspaper, but her inability to fit in with a team of people able to think for themselves.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Grauniad?

Comment

Personality counts almost as much as qualifications in a team environment.

If the face don't fit etc.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
            Grauniad?
            Guardian
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I really should learn to put some smiley faces in my posts.
              I was trying to work out how that could be typed quite so badly and not be noticed.

Comment

Grauniad?
                Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Guardian
                The Guardian is renowned for typos.

In Private Eye, it is always referred to as "the Grauniad" as a result.

Comment

I thought there must have been some high-brow reason behind it that I was missing, seeing as it was typed by threaded. I am now happily enlightened, thanks Gonzo.

Comment

Grauniad?
                    It's a common typo for Gruadain.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X