• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government ePassports uncrackable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwahahahahaha.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    "Government ePassports uncrackable"

Ooh, that was funny! Oh, I'm off again.

Oh, my rib's ache!

"Government ePassports uncrackable"

Stoppit - you're killing me!

Damn. P!ssed myself.

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Damn. P!ssed myself.

Back to the old folks home for you Grandad. Don't think you'll be needing your passport again.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Back to the old folks home for you Grandad. Don't think you'll be needing your passport again.
        Seems to me that abroad is full of foreigners anyway.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Seems to me that abroad is full of foreigners anyway.
          How can it be?

I thought London was full of foreigners!!! You can't have two places full, somewhere must be empty...

Comment

I don't understand why the chip doesn't just contain a serial number, and when you pass through passport control, that's used to do an RMI lookup to a secure DB.

It would be nigh on impossible to forge a passport as the border guys would be able to see what the passport should look like?

:
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              I don't understand why the chip doesn't just contain a serial number, and when you pass through passport control, that's used to do an RMI lookup to a secure DB.

It would be nigh on impossible to forge a passport as the border guys would be able to see what the passport should look like?

:
              Unless you are a giant alien lizard disguised as a human. Or a grey disguised as a grey shark...

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

:
                Because the man in the customs office of: middle of nowhere's ville, bongo bongo land is not going to have a connection to that database.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Bwahahahahaha.
                  Given that it only contains details that are available in the passport in a printed form, why is this a problem exactly?

I can see that it's an issue if someone can write forged details back, but I can see no issue at all with someone being able to crack the reading part.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                    Because the man in the customs office of: middle of nowhere's ville, bongo bongo land is not going to have a connection to that database.

tim
                    They do now. Someone sent them a couple of CDs...

Comment

Working...
                    X