• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Reader Awards 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Reader Awards 2007

Not sure how long this has been here, but I've only just noticed it.

But there's a link on the right about this year's reader awards:

http://www.contractoruk.com/cuk_poll...rvey.php?sid=5
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Not sure how long this has been here, but I've only just noticed it.

But there's a link on the right about this year's reader awards:

http://www.contractoruk.com/cuk_poll...rvey.php?sid=5
    A perfectly pointless exercise that only serves to reinforce the myth that there are such things as good or bad EBs. God knows why this forum is called Contractor UK. I think Recruiter UK would be a better name for it - only it can't be called that because I think there is already another one. The rest is simply a sycophantic popularity contest vote amongst CUK cliques and friends. As for the other votes. Everyone has different experiences of using accountants, depending on who their account manager or accountant is. All job boards generally carry the same ads, so how can we vote on those?

What readers won't find out is if there genuinely is a good or bad EB that offers something meaningful to contractors over and above the rest; nor will we get to appreciate who is the best poster on here, or who started the best thread etc.

I suggest we veto the vote on the grounds that the categories are entitled 'best contractor agency' (there is no such thing as a contractor agency because recruitment agencies are for placing permie staff, not contractors); they've referred to job boards for contractors (but we're not applying for jobs).

Don't reinforce the lies, bust them apart instead!
    Last edited by Denny; 4 December 2007, 10:52.

Comment

You must be a barrel of laughs at social gatherings Dennie.....

Comment

I filled it in, gave me something to do while waiting for the kettle to boil

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          You must be a barrel of laughs at social gatherings Dennie.....
          I was under the distinct impression that this forum was for discussions about contractor/business issues and was not a virtual social gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I was under the distinct impression that this forum was for discussions about contractor/business issues and was not a virtual social gathering.

No, that's the Business and Accounting/Legal forums. Nowadays, General is for arguments, insults and discussion about irrelevant issues. Dwelling on the good ol' days will do you no good.

Comment

I'm with you there Denny, but remember that CUK is a broad church...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                I'm with you there Denny, but remember that CUK is a broad church...
                So broad is this 'church', Wendigo, it contains people of many faiths. Probably explains why we don't all see eye to eye.

Comment

You are quite right, but its rather irrelevant to my point. You are one of the most negative, condescending and atagonistic people I have ever read. Keep up the good work, its most entertaining.

Comment

No, That is what your accountant is for
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X