• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Archos 704 WiFi at Argos... half price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archos 704 WiFi at Argos... half price

Normally £330 but Argos are doing a promotion for half price only on that model. Plus you get a £10 voucher back so the cost comes to £155!

Granted it's the 40Gb version but that's plenty for me.

I've got mine today - only 1 store local to me has them in stock and luckily I got hold of it!

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you want one.

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Normally £330 but Argos are doing a promotion for half price only on that model. Plus you get a £10 voucher back so the cost comes to £155!

Granted it's the 40Gb version but that's plenty for me.

I've got mine today - only 1 store local to me has them in stock and luckily I got hold of it!

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you want one.
    Uh, I'll pass. Harldy fits in your pocket does it? :

http://www.homemedia.fr/i/imgs/2204.jpg

Comment

What's the internet browsing experience like? I have a Nokia N800 which has a great screen and 800x400 resolution so it displays web pages at full width.
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Completely sold out at all stores 20 miles @Kingston, Surrey

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
          What's the internet browsing experience like? I have a Nokia N800 which has a great screen and 800x400 resolution so it displays web pages at full width.
          It has 2 modes I think - a full screen mode which compacts the page into view, and then you zoom in on the areas you want to read. Or it has a full view which displays the page in full size and you scroll around using the touch screen.

Yes it's bigger than some PMPs but I always carry a briefcase to work and plus it's a good size for the kids when we go on long car journeys.

Comment

Its probably out of stock because thats the old model.
            The generation 5 ones are out now - http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5...try=gb&lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
              Its probably out of stock because thats the old model.
              The generation 5 ones are out now - http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5...try=gb&lang=en
              Yeah I looked into this before but there's hardly any difference plus the 705 can't be had for anywhere near £155. Actually on the 705 you have to pay for the Opera web browser to be able to surf

Comment

I checked all 10 stores close to me, they're are all out of stock.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Is it only available in store, or can it be ordered online? They pulled a similar stunt recently with some PAYG Nokia phones, which was a tad annoying as the nephew wanted one for his birthday and I don't do visiting shops.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Is it only available in store, or can it be ordered online? They pulled a similar stunt recently with some PAYG Nokia phones, which was a tad annoying as the nephew wanted one for his birthday and I don't do visiting shops.
                    On Sunday morning they had stock for delivery but by the arvo, when I went to order, it was out of stock. I think word got around very quick on some forums and people just snapped it up.

I gto mine from Hayes, West London... they still have stock if you can get there to pick it up. Wasn't my closest store but not too far to save a few squid.

Comment

Working...
                    X