• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More undeclared donations to Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More undeclared donations to Labour

Hain to list all campaign donors
    Welsh Secretary Peter Hain said he is preparing a "full declaration" on donations made to him during the Labour deputy leadership campaign.

The Neath MP had already revealed a £5,000 donation had not been registered due to an "administrative error".

He has since admitted there were more donations that had not been declared. He is drawing up a list for the Electoral Commission.
    I can understand Peter Hain getting caught because he is a complete idiot, but it makes me wonder how many more administrative errors there have been...

This is getting interesting. Shame it didn't happen just before an election.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

So how come this didn't come out when the police were called in last time?

Comment

How come he only noticed this after everybody else had declared their problems. Why didn't he come out and declare his at the smae time?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

This is an absolute disgrace! Brown should be forced to step down for this, even if the problems pre-dated his leadership of NL.

The issue for me is this: there is a new political class now that clearly believes that those in power are somehow above and beyond the laws that they impose upon everyone else. Politicians no longer see themselves as servants of the state and electorate. Instead they are too arrogant and indignified to resign so are either forced out kicking or screaming or are covertly rewarded for unacceptable and illegal conduct. Remember Mandelson?

This is bad for democracy, bad for law and order and bad for society at large. What sort of example does such arrogant attitudes send out? It can only be this: it's fine to do whatever you want provided you have the power, money and contacts to protect yourself, and provided you don't get caught.'

Integrity, principles and honesty - basic concepts like right and wrong - seem to be distant values now and this tells me that Britiain is now a country in crisis that has lost its moral compass. It's no longer a bad apple syndrome, the problem is endemic and only seems to be getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            This is an absolute disgrace! Brown should be forced to step down for this, even if the problems pre-dated his leadership of NL.

The issue for me is this: there is a new political class now that clearly believes that those in power are somehow above and beyond the laws that they impose upon everyone else. Politicians no longer see themselves as servants of the state and electorate. Instead they are too arrogant and indignified to resign so are either forced out kicking or screaming or are covertly rewarded for unacceptable and illegal conduct. Remember Mandelson?

This is bad for democracy, bad for law and order and bad for society at large. What sort of example does such arrogant attitudes send out? It can only be this: it's fine to do whatever you want provided you have the power, money and contacts to protect yourself, and provided you don't get caught.'

Integrity, principles and honesty - basic concepts like right and wrong - seem to be distant values now and this tells me that Britiain is now a country in crisis that has lost its moral compass. It's no longer a bad apple syndrome, the problem is endemic and only seems to be getting worse.

No tulip, Sherlock!
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was amused by something Geoff Hoon (Chief Whip) said about the Abrahams case:

"Don't forget it was Labour who introduced these laws, and without them nobody would have been any the wiser."

Irony upon irony!

Comment

The people that made donations in Abrahams name are at least registered to vote, and pay tax in this country.

Unlike Lord Ashcroft.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  The people that made donations in Abrahams name are at least registered to vote, and pay tax in this country.

Unlike Lord Ashcroft.
                  Oh, any laws broken there too?

Comment

Wendy Alexander is the sister of Douglas Alexander (Secretary of State for International Development) who Brown appointed in June 2007 as his election co-ordinator. I hope dodgy payments are a family thing and that Brown gets caught up even more with this
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X