• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got my timesheet signed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my timesheet signed

So now I don't have to be nice to the boss anymore - well at least not for 3 weeks.

If he develops a memory in that time I will stop him on the way to the toilets - guaranteed a quick signature.

I usually opted for Friday afternoon after the managers staggered back from the pub. Slight risk in that sometimes they just went home instead of going back to the office but I then just got the PA to do it instead in exchange for a cream cake.

Comment

At BT we had to get out timesheets signed by 11:30 a.m. on Friday otherwise we'd have to wait until Monday afternoon. This was despite there being about six permies that could have signed them.

If you approached one of the sods after 11:30 they would run off: the likelihood was that you'd have all 15 contractor's timesheets hidden behind your back for them to sign. They knew they would miss the tables in the local pub if they weren't out of the office by 11:55 and signing a stack of contractors' timesheets would mean they'd have to stand at the bar.

And none of them ever came back from the pub.

Bone idle, lazy, inconsiderate, work-shy, skiving gits. The lot of 'em.

(Me? Bitter? Too damn right, pal!)
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Don't need to get mine signed
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Mine has to be signed by team lead, then passed to resource manager to sign. They then return them to me, and I need to post them to the agency.

Who says the 21st Century hasn't caught up with public sector, eh?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X