• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life of a Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life of a Contractor

Hi All,

I have been contracting Ltd 3 yrs now and the reason i did it was to take more time off to climb around the world, the money is secondary.

So far this year I have had 3 months off and been to Turkey, Greece, South of France, South of Spain and about to go to Thailand for 6 weeks at Christmas.

Each time i finish a contract I negotiate time off before i start a renewal or a find a new contract when i get back and I still manage to save money and pay my mortgage.

I know one day I will get trapped by a women, but until then i am going to live a little.

Just excited about getting out of the wetlands.

P. :-)

Congratulations?

You seemt to have the life you want, which is more than most people can say.

Comment

Working away has ****ed my marriage up, looking back I think I probably had something to do with it as well.....

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

looking back I think I probably had something to do with it as well.....
        Shame you didnt post on here back then so Tazman could give you marriage guidance

Comment

You need to go to Cyprus, Ibiza and Tenerife before you qualify for 'Round the World' status.
          Your Chufty badge is in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Congratulations?

The question mark is amusing. Does it indicate mixed emotions? Incomprehension, nostalgia, envy, pity, sympathy, etc, all skilfully woven into a single word?

Comment

Shame you didnt post on here back then so Tazman could give you marriage guidance
              Oh come on Tay it was only a light hearted post - or doesn't your antipodean humour extend to our less palatable type here?

Comment

Oh come on Tay it was only a light hearted post - or doesn't your antipodean humour extend to our less palatable type here?
                Yes I did... if I didnt get it.. I wouldnt have posted about it.. I would have just been quietly disgusted or really ahd a rant. I am disappointed ay haivng to explain my mock outrage... I was the idignant prude to your degenerate freak. Sheesh man.. now you have ruined it.

Comment

Yes I did... if I didnt get it.. I wouldnt have posted about it.. I would have just been quietly disgusted or really ahd a rant. I am disappointed ay haivng to explain my mock outrage... I was the idignant prude to your degenerate freak. Sheesh man.. now you have ruined it.
                  ahd = had
                  ay = by
                  haivng = having
                  idignant = indignant
                  Sheesh = kebab

<quietly disgusted>

Comment

Thailand - you can go there any time? Why not skiing?

The Mrs and I took 18 months off between permiedom and becoming a contractor for the 1st time about 4 years ago.

I'd highly recommend an overland trip through Africa and a jaunt out to the Galapagos if you're flush. Staying out in the Galapagos rather than rocking up, getting on a boat for a week, and then leaving is really cool!
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X