• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hard disk recorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard disk recorder

Ok I don't want to line Mr Murdoch's pockets so won't be getting Sky+ so please don't suggest it. I'm after a HDR, one that integrates with freeview programming so is as near to sky+ as dammit - click on a show to record etc. I obviously want to be able to watch a different channel at the same time. My TV already has a built in freeview tuner, so I guess that takes care of the multi-channel requirement, as long as the HDR has a built in tuner too.

Any recommendations?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

virgin do a V+ box

Comment

Sky HD
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I got one from Asda for £80 a few weeks back, can't rem the make but it is working fine so far.

Comment

Thanks Tony,

Hilarious

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Sky HD

Comment

windows media centre with a hauppage tv card

-as its a PC you can have as much hard disk space as you want
              -as you install the tv cards you can have as many multi channels simultanious recordings you want (limited to the number of card slots on your hard disk)

hauppage cards come with Electronic Program Guide and Series link (same as sky hd)
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I bought the cheapest DVD recorder on the market a year or two ago (LiteON). (It records to DVD too, but that facility gave up the ghost very early on). Recording to HD remains excellent though. I rarely watch stuff live off TV now, it’s so much easier and more efficient to record and watch later (to skip adverts, boring bits etc).

Comment

How about VHS + Radio Times?

Comment

I have had a Panasonic one for six months now.

It has Freeview built in and recording to the hard drive from the menu is a doddle. What is slightly less convenient is when the show goes on air a couple of minutes late so it stops recording before the show has finished.

Cost about £240 six months ago. I'd tell you which model it is but that would mean that I would have to get up from the sofa.

hth

Comment

Working...
                    X