• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ferret: Churchill Retrial Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferret: Churchill Retrial Thread

Afternoon All,

apologies for me absence had some work to do.

I am very sorry to hear about Winston's altercation.

However, what worries me more is what appears to be an error of judgement on the part of Ferret.

Ferret wrote, and I quote,

'Ban for a day would not be fair on FaQQer and MoneyMoneyMoney who had a week on the bench for similar infractions ',

Ferret old bean, you are failing to take into consideration Winston's mitigating circumstances of :

. having been around for a long time amongst the brotherhood

. having offered a balance to the community, a lot of straight talking wisdom comes from Winston

. defender of others, there have been times when some here have been on the edge of being bullied and Winston have behaved like a gentleman and defended

. he gives ShaunBhoy a good run for his money

. and most of all, has a history of good behaviour and no previous convictions

therefore, to put Winston in the same group as the behaviour of a poster entitled the 'Faqqer', a name which I am still surprised is allowed to exist here as only on first sight it brings down the integrity of the forum, I am surprised your Ferretedness, that Winston is catagorised and dealt with to the same force as newby upstarts with bad names who need a short sharp shock.

Summing up the evidence your Ferretedness, I would suggest the honourable gentleman considers reducing the punishment and reinstating Winston, before, Winston is so offended that he does not return and the forum as a whole suffers as a consequence.

Not to mention, tis the season of goodwill.

All the best,

Milan.

nahhh keep him banned, he pushed the admins one step too far and so must live with the consequences... "it's only fair" (tm)

Broil Him !!
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

In that case, Fred West should probably got off since it was his first offence...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

less of it Taffy

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          less of it Taffy

Milan.
          Ho Hum, don't want to upset our Italian friend do we...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

aye aye boyo,

you are so far off the scent I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find your head if it wasn't screwed on

Milan.

Comment

aye aye boyo,

you are so far off the scent I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find your head if it wasn't screwed on

Milan.
              Whereas you would just reach to your ars* to find yours eh?

Comment

Double or nothing - have a retrial and if he fails then hang 'im.

And Milan - as you are trying to use the Media to further your cause, you will be given 50 lashes or 9 days in jail.

Comment

the dynamics of this place are changing, the incumbents are steering the ship to the detrement of the indigenous members

Milan.

Comment

Afternoon All,

apologies for me absence had some work to do.

I am very sorry to hear about Winston's altercation.

However, what worries me more is what appears to be an error of judgement on the part of Ferret.

Ferret wrote, and I quote,

'Ban for a day would not be fair on FaQQer and MoneyMoneyMoney who had a week on the bench for similar infractions ',

Ferret old bean, you are failing to take into consideration Winston's mitigating circumstances of :

. having been around for a long time amongst the brotherhood

. having offered a balance to the community, a lot of straight talking wisdom comes from Winston

. defender of others, there have been times when some here have been on the edge of being bullied and Winston have behaved like a gentleman and defended

. he gives ShaunBhoy a good run for his money

. and most of all, has a history of good behaviour and no previous convictions

therefore, to put Winston in the same group as the behaviour of a poster entitled the 'Faqqer', a name which I am still surprised is allowed to exist here as only on first sight it brings down the integrity of the forum, I am surprised your Ferretedness, that Winston is catagorised and dealt with to the same force as newby upstarts with bad names who need a short sharp shock.

Summing up the evidence your Ferretedness, I would suggest the honourable gentleman considers reducing the punishment and reinstating Winston, before, Winston is so offended that he does not return and the forum as a whole suffers as a consequence.

Not to mention, tis the season of goodwill.

All the best,

Milan.
                    FWIW, I happen to agree with Milan... Not only do I concur with the points he made so well, if not so eloquantly, but additionally I believe that Churchill was not being intentionally defiant - I think it was a poor (in educated retrospect) attempt at humour - I, personally, saw the amusing side of it, but can understand why, in the current political light, the Mods didn't.

It is only fair that the Moderators of this forum Police it as they see fit - but equally, I believe that humility and an inherent understanding of the offender's mental and emotional condition are essential before the Court sits for sentencing.

HTH
                    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                    X