• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Congratulations Celtic!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Celtic!

We lost on the night but got through to the knockout stages anyway.

Cue Churchill:

<arse>'We', I didn't see you on the park</arse>

Hail Hail!
    Me, me, me...

is Celtic Scottish, Irish or Welsh?

<disclaimer> am a foreigner </disclaimer>

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      is Celtic Scottish, Irish or Welsh?

<disclaimer> am a foreigner </disclaimer>
      A Glasgow (Scotland), based team but with Irish roots.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        A Glasgow (Scotland), based team but with Irish roots.
        huh? really ? I thought some of the Irish had Scottish roots ( e.g. when the McDonalds got slaughtered and some escaped to Ireland - or did I get this wrong?), but didn't realise some of the Scott had Irish roots... interesting

Comment

huh? really ? I thought some of the Irish had Scottish roots ( e.g. when the McDonalds got slaughtered and some escaped to Ireland - or did I get this wrong?), but didn't realise some of the Scott had Irish roots... interesting
          In 1888, Brother Walfrid, an Irish Priest and leader of a teaching institute called the Marist Order in Glasgow, saw the establishment of a football club as the means to raise money for his charity, The Poor Children's Dinner Table, which was founded to help poor Irish immigrants in Glasgow’s East End. It was also an opportunity to give Glasgow’s Irish population something that they could call their own. Brother Walfrid chose the name Celtic as an identifiable characteristic of both the Irish and Scottish roots of the club.

Going further back in history, Irish tribes moved across to Scotland and establihed the kingdom of Dalriada and...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

In 1888, Brother Walfrid, an Irish Priest and leader of a teaching institute called the Marist Order in Glasgow, saw the establishment of a football club as the means to raise money for his charity, The Poor Children's Dinner Table, which was founded to help poor Irish immigrants in Glasgow’s East End. It was also an opportunity to give Glasgow’s Irish population something that they could call their own. Brother Walfrid chose the name Celtic as an identifiable characteristic of both the Irish and Scottish roots of the club.

Going further back in history, Irish tribes moved across to Scotland and establihed the kingdom of Dalriada and...
            Facinating, if only I had more hours in the day to read more... I usually have enough hours in the day to go to work, come home cook for the family, eat dinner, then spend sometime on this forum... even when I commuted I had books with me to ready, but alwasy ended up falling asleep on the bus/train to catch up on lost sleep...

Comment

No big deal, centuries of Scottish history then we had the merger with England and that was er, that.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

No big deal, centuries of Scottish history then we had the merger with England and that was er, that.
                Heh am working on a merger project at the moment between two giant companies … it would have been interesting to work as a BA during the Scottish/English merger don’t you think ?

Comment

Heh am working on a merger project at the moment between two giant companies … it would have been interesting to work as a BA during the Scottish/English merger don’t you think ?
                  I don't think that would have been much fun. Extra slippery teflon coat required!

Comment

A big well done to Celtic, but with the away form they have shown in the champions league I doubt they will go far.
                    I thinks is something like 1 point from a possible 45

Comment

Working...
                    X