• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not as good as it used to be

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as good as it used to be

Is the “not as good as it used to be” sentiment (being discussed elsewhere) symptomatic of a recent disturbing trend occurring in these forums, or is it a recurring theme (provably symptomatic of these forums) with no basis in fact?

It’s a pubic poll, in the hope of encouraging open and honest answers, and personal recriminations as necessary. Please vote using only one of your aliases.

I’m mostly, but not entirely, gearing the question towards the General and Light Relief forums, not only because these are the only forums used, but also because a little ambiguity can go a long way. Humans love ambiguity, but I digress.
    This board is not as good as it was in the old days
    25.71%
    These will be the good old days
    11.43%
    The board’s very existence is an affront to human decency
    5.71%
    The forums are hilarious
    17.14%
    I don’t know why I am here, are we there yet?
    20.00%
    AndyW
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is the “not as good as it used to be” sentiment (being discussed elsewhere) symptomatic of a recent disturbing trend occurring in these forums, or is it a recurring theme (provably symptomatic of these forums) with no basis in fact?

It’s a pubic poll, in the hope of encouraging open and honest answers, and personal recriminations as necessary. Please vote using only one of your aliases.

I’m mostly, but not entirely, gearing the question towards the General and Light Relief forums, not only because these are the only forums used, but also because a little ambiguity can go a long way. Humans love ambiguity, but I digress.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is this the viz thread?

I can remember when this forum was just green fields.

And there was no violence around like today. Not atall like the war.

Comment

Working...
      X