• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays On-line Banking Security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays On-line Banking Security

Anyone else received their little gadget for when using the Barclays on-line banking. Got mine some time ago but couldn't be bothered to use it. Tried to log on this morning and i have to use the PIN generator gadget but it doesn't seem to like the code i'm entering ?

Anyone else got one, used it, had any trouble.
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

They've changed sommat, and as I understand it you have to go right back to the begining, the page with the guff HMRC Child Benefit data loss.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Natwest also have sent out a little calculator, but that is not for logging on just for being used for making payments

Comment

There's a box at the top that requires you to enter the last 4 digits of your card number - it's not particularly obvious and the error message does not point this out..

Comment

I haven't received one, which maybe means I now can't make payments.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            Anyone else received their little gadget for when using the Barclays on-line banking. Got mine some time ago but couldn't be bothered to use it. Tried to log on this morning and i have to use the PIN generator gadget but it doesn't seem to like the code i'm entering ?

No idea, I use Coutts.

Threaded
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post

It is pretty simple and hassle free...just means you have to take it with you if you plan to do online banking away from home...

I am guessing you are putting the last 4 from your card in the top box and your 8 digit number in the bottom?
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                No idea, I use Coutts.

Threaded
                Well, when I say 'use', I mean 'own'.

HTH
                Threaded.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

4 years too late

UBS launched the same device 4 years ago for their on-line customers, same with PINs (introduced in 1999) for shopping and withdrawing. When it comes to retail banking technology, UK banks are are a joke in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                  X