• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ContractorUK Company Formation Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ContractorUK Company Formation Service

I was looking at this and it seems like a nice service, plus a way to support this site/community. Did many people on this site use this service to found their company, and if so could you give a 1-line review?
    I also noticed the business bank account available, which seems pretty good - I have been told that it's very hard to find business banking which doesn't charge you for every single thing you want to do. I was actually recommended to use Abbey by some friends who run their own business, although that was a totally free online-only service.

I hope we are allowed to impartially discuss ContractorUK's services on their site?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I know nothing about the CUK services but I do bank with Abbey and have found their service to be pretty good.

What will you need to do offline that puts you off? You can pay in cheques and cash either via the cash machines or over the counter. Can't think of anything else you would need to do that requires a visit to the bank...

Comment

Have found Abbey a bit slow on things that needs paperwork in past otherwise very good. And FREE, what else matters?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I know nothing about the CUK services but I do bank with Abbey and have found their service to be pretty good.

What will you need to do offline that puts you off? You can pay in cheques and cash either via the cash machines or over the counter. Can't think of anything else you would need to do that requires a visit to the bank...
        It all has to be paid in via the machines now. The over-the-counter bods apparently "can't access business accounts, Sir".

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          It all has to be paid in via the machines now. The over-the-counter bods apparently "can't access business accounts, Sir".
          Or if it's a cheque, you can put it in one of the freepost envelopes provided and stick it in the nearest postbox. Or perhaps Abbey don't do that on new accounts any more?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
            Or if it's a cheque, you can put it in one of the freepost envelopes provided and stick it in the nearest postbox. Or perhaps Abbey don't do that on new accounts any more?
            They do, and to be fair it's processed pretty quickly too.

Comment

Working...
            X