• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

90 in a 60 zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 in a 60 zone

....what would you expect to get?

42 day ban and £350 fine

But you have to be the former chair of roads policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers. Mr Pot have you met Mr Kettle?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I can't knock it.

Local plod caught me doing 60 to 70 through a 30 zone late at night last week.

Gave me a bollocking but took no further action.

Instant ban according to him.

Thank you plod.
    Last edited by Clippy; 5 December 2007, 13:43.

Comment

"90mph in his Y-reg Audi" ...pauper.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

made my day
        cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          ....what would you expect to get?

42 day ban and £350 fine

But you have to be the former chair of roads policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers. Mr Pot have you met Mr Kettle?
          sounds a bit unfair to me. speeding in 20/30/40 zones is really bad - but I bet doing 90 in a 60 makes very little difference to road saftey.

Comment

It was his job/position is why it makes it funny.
            cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

It'll be even funnier when the New Lie get kicked out of office and whoever gets in hopefully restarts enquirees in the Doncaster area.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Oh forgot to add

threaded in "no one is above the law" mode
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Ive been done doing 40 in a 30 zone and doing 60 in a 40mph motorway contraflow and only go 3 pts and £60 fine each time....

Comment

I got 6pts and £190 fine, but no ban when I was caught at 90.06mph in a 60.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X