PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Boxing Boxing

Cooperinliverp00l
6th December 2007, 13:52
Anyone watch the Hatton fight on saturday. i'm thinking of it but don't really want to watch from 10:00 until he eventually comes on. Does anyone know the time he is due to fight. I have been told 1am and 4am ?

RightLaugh
6th December 2007, 13:53
Their aiming for 4am but it all depends on the undercards.
thing is it will be over by 4.15. hatton's going to destroy Mayfeather in 4.
Just sky+ it and watch it when you get up. No point ruining the whole of sunday.

poser
6th December 2007, 13:55
mayfeather is a cocky so an so -

Hatton 3rd...

Swiss Tony
6th December 2007, 13:55
It ranges from 2am to 4am on most sites. I'll def be watching it, though i may have a wee kip in the afternoon.

Also on ITV starting from 10pm on Sat will be Khan v Earl.

snaw
6th December 2007, 13:58
I don't know much about boxing, but I enjoy it and from what I'm reading Mayweather is favourite with most experts - maybe cause he's bigger and technically better. Hoping Hatton does it, but it'd be an upset it seems ... (Not gonna watch it at 4am though - might the next day).

FiveTimes
6th December 2007, 13:59
I'm watching it (hopefully). Going round to a mates house and we are having a poker night first.

It will go at least 8 rounds with Ricky winning due to stoppage inflicted by savage body shots.

Bagpuss
6th December 2007, 14:01
I'm watching it (hopefully). Going round to a mates house and we are having a poker night first.

It will go at least 8 rounds with Ricky winning due to stoppage inflicted by savage body shots.

The best fighter Hatton has taken on, a better fighter, one who doesn't let people like Hatton in. I like Hatton but he's going to get KO'd

RightLaugh
6th December 2007, 14:05
The best fighter Hatton has taken on, a better fighter, one who doesn't let people like Hatton in. I like Hatton but he's going to get KO'd

hatton will not be KO'd. Guaranteed.

FiveTimes
6th December 2007, 14:09

The ref will allow Hatton in and rough up the classier, more technical fighter fighter. Hattons body shots are superb and this is an area where I feel he will win.
He won't out box him, just beat him

BoredBloke
6th December 2007, 14:40
Is it pay per view or normal Sky Sports?

Mr Crosby
6th December 2007, 14:49
Pay per view

RightLaugh
6th December 2007, 15:12
Pay per view

bit like me. Can you see me at my desk? Yes. Well pay me then.

AtW
6th December 2007, 15:14
I don't know much

Yes, we noticed :eyes

Mr Crosby
6th December 2007, 15:14
bit like me. Can you see me at my desk? Yes. Well pay me then.

How much do you cost?

~Craig~
6th December 2007, 15:40
£15 i think.

Mr Crosby
6th December 2007, 15:42
£15 i think.

That's a bargain, what will I get for £15?

Clippy
6th December 2007, 15:45
That's a bargain, what will I get for £15?

A big ego and naff jokes.

Mr Crosby
6th December 2007, 15:50
A big ego and naff jokes.

I'd pay £20 for that.

TimberWolf
6th December 2007, 16:08
I think I'll have to get a satellite dish and point it to one of the German satellites, forget that overpriced Sky carp. Is RTL encrpted - the (unreliable) word on the street says no. Maybe SAT too.

http://sport.rtl.de/boxen/boxen_80568.php

Anyway, listening on radio can be suprisingly good:

5 live

audio online Available online
(UK only)
Sat 08 Dec 22:00 approx.
Amir Khan v Graham Earl
Commonwealth lightweight boxing

5 live

audio online Available online
(UK only)
Sun 09 Dec 04:00 approx.
Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather
WBC welterweight boxing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sport/commentaries.shtml

Dow Jones
6th December 2007, 16:13
Whenever there is a PPV match on, instead of paying Sky, I go down my local, get a few beers and watch it. Costs same as the fee, but much better than sitting at home and more exciting.

chef
6th December 2007, 19:04
at 4am??? i want to be at your lock in

bored
6th December 2007, 19:26
Hatton's chances are slim...

Cooperinliverp00l
7th December 2007, 08:59
at 4am??? i want to be at your lock in

I remember many a night / morning locked into local pub with the boxing on the big screen. Only problem put closed at 11 and the fights didn't normally start until 4 so what could we do for those 5 hours ??? DRINK DRINK DRINK

BrilloPad
9th December 2007, 16:58
and he lost. oh dear

Cowboy Bob
9th December 2007, 17:12
hatton will not be KO'd. Guaranteed.

:rollin:

BrilloPad
9th December 2007, 17:16

was it a knock out? I mean technically? says fight was stopped - just as Hatton was going to be out of the count though...

wendigo100
9th December 2007, 17:54
was it a knock out? I mean technically? says fight was stopped - just as Hatton was going to be out of the count though...Not sure technically, but he was flat on his back with his eyes closed.:)

Actually I mean :mad: because Mayweather is a poo.

bored
9th December 2007, 20:25
was it a knock out? I mean technically? says fight was stopped - just as Hatton was going to be out of the count though...

Yes, it was a TKO (technical knockout).

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=9314&cat=boxer

BrilloPad
9th December 2007, 20:29

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=9314&cat=boxer

ahhh - cheers

boxing just on sports personality of year

wendigo100
10th December 2007, 10:02

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=9314&cat=boxerI wonder why it was called technical? He was knocked out. Technical is normally when the ref steps in while the loser is still on his feet, or for fights stopped on cuts.

RightLaugh
10th December 2007, 10:26

I got that badly wrong. Out classed all the way. Looks like Hatton underestimated mayfeather.

I'm glad Galzaghe won Sports Personality. Really deserves it.

Bagpuss
10th December 2007, 10:29

:wink

wendigo100
10th December 2007, 10:31
I got that badly wrong. Out classed all the way. Looks like Hatton underestimated mayfeather.

I'm glad Galzaghe won Sports Personality. Really deserves it.Yes he did. I voted for the first time.

Regarding Hatton, I wonder if ballooning up to 13 stone on beer and junk food between fights is catching up with him.

FiveTimes
10th December 2007, 12:32

The ref will allow Hatton in and rough up the classier, more technical fighter fighter. Hattons body shots are superb and this is an area where I feel he will win.
He won't out box him, just beat him

Oh dear, how wrong was I.
Hatton got taught a lesson in the fine art of boxing.
Shame really but he was well beaten