• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An extension for an extension!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An extension for an extension!

It's Friday, and I've just been renewed until the end of June, with a rate rise too. Whoopee!

Now I can finally get on with extending my house after saving for flippin' ages! Spangly gadgets too - whole house ventiliation system, solar panel, maybe a heat pump, another woodburner.

I can't make the CUK Christmas bash tonight unfortunately otherwise the drinks would be on me by jingo, but have fun!

Anyone else in an unfeasibly good mood?

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Anyone else in an unfeasibly good mood?
    No. Next.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
      Now I can finally get on with extending my house after saving for flippin' ages!
      No. Wait until next year and you might be able to buy a mansion for the price of this extension. Cash will be king.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        No. Next.
        Miserable bugger.

Comment

Nice one Chugnut! Its a good Friday prezzie isnt it.

Comment

as you know, the heat pump requires under floor heating

biggest mistake I made on my house was not putting under floor heating all round

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              as you know, the heat pump requires under floor heating

biggest mistake I made on my house was not putting under floor heating all round

Milan.
              Why canest though not installeth a heat pumpeth to thy heat store and verily runnith it offeth that
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

i'm hungover and hate the fact that I had to come in today (or not get paid...). And my alarm clock battery died and so I was late into work.

Agree with pp that you should wait a couple of years to build the extension - it'll be a lot cheaper when the property market tumbles.

BUT congrats on the contract renewal - that's great news.

Comment

cos heat pumps only get the water upto about 37 degrees c and that is good enough for underfloor heating as it creates a permanent ambient temperature, but radiators can get upto 80 degrees c and obviously the heatpump can't create the kind of heat needed by radiators

bugger, why didn't I go for underfloor all the way round

ahh well that's life

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    Just about to overhaul my central heating, mostly suspended timber floors at the moment. Under floor seems a potentially big palava from my investigations, lots of issues always coming up on self builder sites. Also in West Lancs we barely have a winter these days. Thoughts !?

Weren't you putting in posh oak flooring ? How does that work with under floor. I got my Howden Oak kitchen discussed on a previous thread, pretty pleased with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X