• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does everyone hate AndyW?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does everyone hate AndyW?

What did I miss?

He was young and naive and hence was picked on by the usual, he got a little mad and made a slight fool of himself, ultimately getting banned. Nothing to write home about really, but a big win for some!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

He had carnal relations with sasguru's mum.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        What did I miss?
        I don't know enough about this legendary figure to hate him. Was his real name Andy White of PCG fame?

Can we at least be told what he did to earn his fearsome reputation.
        Last edited by Chantho; 7 December 2007, 12:14.
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

I understand his situation. The CUK mafia has tried to gang up and bully me in the past. Luckily I am made of sterner stuff and didnt allow the messageboard warlords to drive me off.

Comment

If you look at the examples cited as reasons to justify the banning of AndyW & then contrast and compare some of the deliberate, repetitive and inflammatory posting done by other long standing posters who did not get banned, you have to draw the conclusion that it was nothing more than a mob mentality at work.

Sadly the mods bowed to peer pressure and accommodated their request.

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Bring back the AndyW seven!

Comment

HHH as well
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Sadly the mods bowed to peer pressure and accommodated their request.
                  Actually it is AndyW who asked to be banned

Comment

It is quite common occurence though, (not talking about this board). But if you get an individual who has a differing point of view to another group. Ofetn the group will complain to the authorities and the judgement is made based on the volume of complaints and not the quality of the case. When CM and I had a 'differing opinion' reinforecements were called very quickly and soon enough I was set upon by a bunch of rabid toothless kittens gnawing at my toes. It turned quickly into a me vs a group scenario.

It didnt escalate as
                    a) I didnt care. And generally ignored the people making personal insults who werent initially involved.
                    b) No one cried and complained to mods.

I am totally ignorant of that happened with AndyW though. But I can imagine that he said somehting a poster didnt like, he was ganged up on, he got upset and made some stupid comments, everyone complianed, he got banned. But I most likely wrong and he was a total idiot who caused nothing but problems and added nothing constructive.

Comment

Working...
                    X