• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well Britain's Iraq war is ending now. Who won?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Britain's Iraq war is ending now. Who won?

So for now: call it a draw.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSL08668175

Of course the real thing is that, aside from the remaining legacy of sectarianism, Basra is returning to pre-invasion normal - I suppose similar to how France, Belgium and the Netherlands returned to more or less normal, once the Nazi German invaders had been expelled.

I daresay that Baghdad and all other areas of the former Iraq will return to more or less normal once invading forces are expelled.

Sadistically ironic, isn't it, that millions have been killed, maimed, raped and traumatized, just so that (maybe) life can return to more or less how it was when Saddam Hussein was in power.

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSL08668175

Of course the real thing is that, aside from the remaining legacy of sectarianism, Basra is returning to pre-invasion normal - I suppose similar to how France, Belgium and the Netherlands returned to more or less normal, once the Nazi German invaders had been expelled.

I daresay that Baghdad and all other areas of the former Iraq will return to more or less normal once invading forces are expelled.

Sadistically ironic, isn't it, that millions have been killed, maimed, raped and traumatized, just so that (maybe) life can return to more or less how it was when Saddam Hussein was in power.
    So the regime of Saddam Hussein's is what you call "normal" is it? I suppose to a Greek it would be.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      So the regime of Saddam Hussein's is what you call "normal" is it? I suppose to a Greek it would be.
      There are many similar regimes in existance today, so what, will you volunteer yourself to die fighting for freedom of other people who, in all probability, will nevre appreciate that?

Comment

"The Germans may claim with some justification to have won if not a victory at least an important success over us."
        General Alexander - September 1943

Hmmmm....not much changed in 64 years then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          "The Germans may claim with some justification to have won if not a victory at least an important success over us."
          General Alexander - September 1943

Hmmmm....not much changed in 64 years then.
          Yes, many Germans think they won WWII, finished off the Biritsh Empire etc. etc.. and on another level, if you've got the new Rolls Royce that actually uses the engine from the BMW 750, they're quite right.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I would like to express my thanks to the brave armed forces personnel (my brother included) who fought so hard. Its not your fault that this war should not have happened and the British people blame the government.

I know my brother thinks he is just another arm of the labour party spin machine.

Comment

War is politics by other means.

Not your bro's fault they never taught him this.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                War is politics by other means.

Not your bro's fault they never taught him this.

Im afraid he just likes action. Once in Sandhurst in January at 3am up to his chest in freezing water after on the go for 24 hours he thought "could be worse - I could be in a desk job".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  he thought "could be worse - I could be in a desk job".
                  And he'd be right
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    So the regime of Saddam Hussein's is what you call "normal" is it?
                    It is over there.

Let them evolve at their own pace is what I say.

Comment

Working...
                    X