• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflight meals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflight meals

Why the heck they are so small? Will use trains next time

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Big ones would weigh too much and the plane wouldn't be able to take off.

On the train, there isn't any food service because of "staff shortages".

Yer pays yer money, yer takes yer choice

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Normal people can only stomach a small amount of that tasteless garbage
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Best inflight meal I ever had was on Target Airlines (Indian internal operator) flying from Jaipur to Mumbai. They had a cook on board who prepared a vegetable curry fresh at the back of the plane. The smell while he was cooking it was so delicious that you were totally starving by the time they brought it round. Just served simply with a couple of roti style breads each. Truly magnificent and the flight cost next to nothing as well.

Comment

Alexey,

once you get into long trowsers and start flying business you'll a decent meal

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
            Best inflight meal I ever had was on Target Airlines (Indian internal operator) flying from Jaipur to Mumbai. They had a cook on board who prepared a vegetable curry fresh at the back of the plane. The smell while he was cooking it was so delicious that you were totally starving by the time they brought it round. Just served simply with a couple of roti style breads each. Truly magnificent and the flight cost next to nothing as well.
            Now that sounds amazing. I did something similar some years ago, but on an inter-city train in India. A first class ticket cost like £5 and they served a well nice meal and tea and all sorts.

Comment

Had a warm lamb salad on a Crossair flight from Basel to LCY. Just before successful Crossair was taken over by bankrupt Swissair.

Best plane food I've ever had. Of a quality I'd have been happy to have had in a restaurant.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Top tip: Always ask for a veggie one as they get those out of the way first, the carnivore version will be unrecognisable anyway.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                  Now that sounds amazing. I did something similar some years ago, but on an inter-city train in India. A first class ticket cost like £5 and they served a well nice meal and tea and all sorts.
                  It certainly was amazing. And this wasn't a rich bods flight either, there was a guy at the front of the plane with three or four chickens in a crate on his lap.

I've had similarly fine experiences on Indian railways too. The best I ever came across was in first class on the early morning express from Delhi to Agra. A guy in full Indian waiter uniform (formal headdress, the whole shebang), wheeled a trolley down the aisles and he had a little spirit burner and several copper pans, plus a few bowls of chopped ingredients - chillis, mushrooms, capsicums and so on - with him. When he got to you he asked you how you would like your eggs cooked and off to work he went. He rustled me up a most delicious mushroom and chilli omelette, served with the ubiquitous couple of rotis and some tangy vegetable pickle. Fabulous. And you're right, it cost peanuts.

Mind you, Indian railways has a very high fatality rate. There is a crash involving death every 22 hours on the average. Worth it though, just for the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
                    I've had similarly fine experiences on Indian railways too.
                    Did you use their double-deckers? I hear there are very nice views and fresh air on the roof

Comment

Working...
                    X