• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next CUK do - Manchester, February

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next CUK do - Manchester, February

Now that the dust / vomit has settled slightly since Friday night, who's up for a Manchester do in February?

I'm not volunteering to organize it or anything like that, but if we're going to do something, some idea of numbers is going to be needed.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

I will definately try to be there.....

How about making this a Sticky?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      who's up for a Manchester do in February? ... some idea of numbers is going to be needed.

Two.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Now that the dust / vomit has settled slightly since Friday night, who's up for a Manchester do in February?

I'm not volunteering to organize it or anything like that, but if we're going to do something, some idea of numbers is going to be needed.
        Manchester is good for me! Count me in.......

Where are you thinking of meeting? English Lounge is one idea, another thought is the Ramada bar at the top of Deansgate (quiet, also close to the lively spots of Deansgate but good for just a quiet drink for those wanting just that....)

Shakespeare, Oyster Bar and Old Wellington all fine peoper pubs, but completely mobbed on a Friday.

Ramada always quiet, and a reasonable size, hence thinking a good get to know each other place.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Manchester is good for me! Count me in.......

Where are you thinking of meeting? English Lounge is one idea, another thought is the Ramada bar at the top of Deansgate (quiet, also close to the lively spots of Deansgate but good for just a quiet drink for those wanting just that....)

Shakespeare, Oyster Bar and Old Wellington all fine peoper pubs, but completely mobbed on a Friday.

Ramada always quiet, and a reasonable size, hence thinking a good get to know each other place.
          Mulligans.....
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Mulligans.....
            Revolution.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Revolution.
              Yes might be better - the bouncer had to help me out of Mulligans on Saturday night
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

I will come as long as it's not somewhere pumping obnoxious dance/chart music.

I'd suggest Corbiares or somewhere in the northern quarter, failing that somewhere like The Thirsty Scholar.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I know absolutely nowhere in Manchester, which is why I'm not organizing it.

We seem to have a number of people interested in coming, so I guess at some stage a date needs to be suggested....
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    I will come as long as it's not somewhere pumping obnoxious dance/chart music.

I'd suggest Corbiares or somewhere in the northern quarter, failing that somewhere like The Thirsty Scholar.
                    Mulligans doesn't pump obnoxious music... Revolution on the other hand does... Corbieres gets too busy!
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X