• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you use SFIA levels in your CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use SFIA levels in your CV?

I am starting to see SFIA descriptions & levels being referred to in job descriptions and person specs.

Do you use the SFIA structure job descriptions / levels on your CV?

For those not having heard of SFIA:

"SFIAplus is the IT skills, training and development standard widely used in the UK and beyond. Developed and maintained for over 20 years by BCS in consultation with IT practitioners and employers, SFIAplus defines skills for the IT professional plus the training and development required to nurture and maintain them."

http://www.sfia.org.uk/cgi-bin/wms.pl/927
    http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=nav.7854
    http://www.e-skills.com/public/File/..._IPCM_web4.pdf
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

No. Next.

Comment

I might be wrong, but in my experience of the BCS, it is probably bureaucratic, elitest, and 10 years behind the times.

Do they still want everyone to have an IT Practitioner License before they are let anywhere near a computer?

Comment

No, sounds like rubbish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          I might be wrong, but in my experience of the BCS, it is probably bureaucratic, elitest, and 10 years behind the times.

Do they still want everyone to have an IT Practitioner License before they are let anywhere near a computer?
          ....I believe you still need to be a Beardy Weirdy (min 5 - 8 years facial fuzz track record) for full professional membership

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
            ....I believe you still need to be a Beardy Weirdy (min 5 - 8 years facial fuzz track record) for full professional membership

And be programming mainframes with COBOL or FORTRAN.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post

And be programming mainframes with COBOL or FORTRAN.
              Using Punched Card of course (90 char format for the purists)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                That'd be a neat trick, they only have space for 80 columns...
                It wouldn't surprise me if the BCS are pushing for a new punched card standard....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  That'd be a neat trick, they only have space for 80 columns...
                  Zeity I'm dissapointed that you, of all people, would fall for the old 80 column trap!

Comment

Working...
                  X