• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renwal.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renwal.

Quick straw poll out there,

should I:

a) Take an extension in a job I hate working for a manager who hates contractors and generally makes my life a misery, but try and push for a ridiculous amount of money; but still feel I should have left,

or....

b) Refuse an extension and take my chances in the new year there by dropping said tool head manager right in the Sh!t.

I know as a contractor I should just pick up the money and get on with it, but I really have had enough of this idiot.

Suggestions or thoughts on the back of a post card to...
    Last edited by shelby68; 10 December 2007, 23:12.
    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

b).

Oh and give me your PM's phone number. I might have a new year opportunity for him.

Comment

I'll go for

c) Learn how to spell Renewal

HTH.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Where's the poll?!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Rarely had a manager problem but definitely b, take no sh 1te.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Definately b). It's not worth being unhappy.

If you're any good you'll find something better in the new year anyway
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
              Quick straw poll out there,

should I:

a) Take an extension in a job I hate working for a manager who hates contractors and generally makes my life a misery, but try and push for a ridiculous amount of money; but still feel I should have left,

or....

b) Refuse an extension and take my chances in the new year there by dropping said tool head manager right in the Sh!t.

I know as a contractor I should just pick up the money and get on with it, but I really have had enough of this idiot.

Suggestions or thoughts on the back of a post card to...
              b) but don't burn your bridges. Smile sweetly and don't renew for personal reasons, doing a bit of travelling, spend quality time with your family, whatever.

Life is too short to put up with tulip, and as a contractor you don't have to.

Mrs Gonzo hates her permie job but only because she hates her manager. I keep telling her to quit but she won't listen to me.

Comment

d) I am AndyW
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  d) I am AndyW
                  I'm AndyW

Comment

e) I'm Threaded and I answered this last year.

Comment

Working...
                    X