• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant and HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant and HMRC

Not sure if anyone else has read it, but on another site "UmbrellaSupermarket" have mystery shopped Giant. The call must have caused issues as Giant have had to post a reply, I am sure they are hoping that HMRC don’t reed it !

Jill

Originally posted by Jill Wilson View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has read it, but on another site "UmbrellaSupermarket" have mystery shopped Giant. The call must have caused issues as Giant have had to post a reply, I am sure they are hoping that HMRC don’t reed it !

Jill
    Link?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

http://www.umbrellasupermarket.com/

Look at the news on the left, "The best ever Dispensation? *Giant respond*"

Excellent read, how they get away with it i don't know. Who is liable for the unpaid tax?

Jill

Comment

Oh look you have to sign up to read an article. Hmmmmm I wonder what's going on here...

Comment

Bluebird quoted it yesterday here - there are some comments about it too.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Oh look you have to sign up to read an article. Hmmmmm I wonder what's going on here...
            If you have to sign up it's not an advert so the Advertising Standards Agency can't prosecute them for blatant misleading advertising. Subtle, isn't it?

However, local Trading Standards can, so if you feel like sticking one on Giant, make a complaint through them.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              If you have to sign up it's not an advert so the Advertising Standards Agency can't prosecute them for blatant misleading advertising. Subtle, isn't it?

However, local Trading Standards can, so if you feel like sticking one on Giant, make a complaint through them.
              Slightly off topic...but who is Olivia, Malvolio?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Its far from an advert, it is a transcript from a telephone conversation, one that I am sure Giant would not wish to be made public.

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Night

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Olivia is the head of the house in Twelfth Night, after the death of her brother and father. Courted by Orsino, whe isn't interested, as she is mourning the death of her brother.

Malvolio is her steward - generally quite pompous, a bit bitter and is normally in disagreement with everyone else who works for Olivia.

Something like that, IIRC.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X