• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bought my 10 litre jerry can....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought my 10 litre jerry can....

will buy me an extra three days - really worried about the blockades as I commute a 130 round trip!

Anyone else looking into mad things like hotels and jerry cans??

Fantastic,

I just signed for a 6 month house rental just 1.5 miles from work, who needs petrol when you can just walk to work
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      will buy me an extra three days - really worried about the blockades as I commute a 130 round trip!

Anyone else looking into mad things like hotels and jerry cans??
      I have 5x 20 litre jerry cans and ferries booked to pop over to frenchie & fill up diesel on the cheap.

Bad news is that doing 1000+ miles a week I will have to go over every week!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I have 5x 20 litre jerry cans and ferries booked to pop over to frenchie & fill up diesel on the cheap.
        If you were a proper contractor you'd be filling them with vintage champagne (from one of your own marques) and be using a nuclear powered Bentley that your man tops up with uranium every century or so.

Lucifer in "Can you guess who I am yet?" mode.

Comment

I don't think anything will come of it - I've not seen much in the press about it.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I have 5x 20 litre jerry cans
            You sound like germans putting extra fuel on sides of their Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You sound like germans putting extra fuel on sides of their Tigers
              Troll sounds like germans? Achtung!

Comment

I'm not sure what to think about it. I was in hospital during the last protests in 2000 so it didn't affect me.

I read in the paper this morning, Gordo reckons the price of fuel "reflects the impact on the climate and pays for public services". Really?

It would be nice if everyone in the country took a stand and agreed to take the same day off each month and continue until the duty on fuel is lowered.

The cost to the economy would be gigantic. Just think, the entire country at a standstill for one day... I somehow think they'd listen for once.

50p a litre would be good for an opening offer...
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I don't mind fuel being taxed highly - it does after all affect the environment.

Not that I really care about global warming debate I just think - don't want to breathe the tulip that comes out the exhaust pipe so dont do it but...

Give us alternatives!

When el Gordo passes a law to select a type of alternative fuel cell and standardises and attachment for LPG / Hydrogen and forces every garage in the UK to have the same number installed as petrol pumps jiff all is going to change.

I would get an LPG car but don't want to think if I am going to struggle to find a place to fill it up.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                    It would be nice if everyone in the country took a stand and agreed to take the same day off each month and continue until the duty on fuel is lowered.
                    Then taxes will have to raise elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X