• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new England manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new England manager

Well, now that Mourinho has dropped out (no surprise there), it looks like Capello. I like his style:
    At half-time and with Milan leading 1-0, Capello took off Di Canio and replaced him with a midfield player to protect Milan’s lead. “Why are you so obsessed with the result of a friendly?” Di Canio said before he and Capello squared up. “You are an ugly c*** and your face looks like a penis,” Capello shouted. Di Canio never played for Milan again.

He won the league with Real last year and he still got the boot. I htink that say's everything about the style of football he likes to play ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I doubt he will use Beckham and this is fine by me as far as I am concerned...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I doubt he will use Beckham and this is fine by me as far as I am concerned...
        Best passer and crosser in the side. I like him and his wardrobe too...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Best passer and crosser in the side.
          What this means is that English Team is really in a truly aweful state of affairs.

I say - take players from Championship club and make them play few times a week - it will be their chance to be mega stars (they ain't yet), so they will work their arse off - victory for them will be everything, unlike for millionaire boys. Maybe take Terry as he seems to be decent chap, and Owen, though he seems to be past his prime - kick out everyone else.

Comment

Eh?!?! - name a better crosser of the ball in world football? And his passing is superb as well ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Eh?!?! - name a better crosser of the ball in world football? And his passing is superb as well ...
              Beckham is best crosser.
              Terry is best defender.
              Owen/etc are best strikers.

But together they don't play like a team and clearly they don't give 100%, most likely because they know if they get injured then their clubs won't give them bonus or something, in other words their loyalty is to their club.

England has got good players, but no team - that's because they don't play with each other, but against each other - few days training together before the match simply does not cut it - they are not a team.

Look at how Croatians were playing in the last match where they already won their place, would have England played as hard in their position? I think not. And this is exactly the problem.

Comment

Yep - but you're talking about Beckham specifically. Any old monkey can roll out the England isn't playing like a team line, cause it's blatantly true. You're bagging Beckham and responding to a comment on his crossing/passing as being "What this means is that English Team is really in a truly aweful state of affairs."

Comment

Capello will teach Bechkam a lesson - he dropped him earlier this year until this guy stopped dressing in womens underwear and started training to actually earn his place in top 11. I doubt he will make it again though because he is playing in mickey mouse league right now

Comment

He dropped Beckham because he signed for LA Galaxy and Capello (Probably under the influence of Calderon) said that he didn't believe he would give his all for the club. He was playing well before he got dropped, didn't publicy whinge about it but got on with training and played well after he was re-instated, much to the delight of the clubs fans, the press and his team mates.

Not quite sure how this helps your anti-beckham campaign ...

Comment

Working...
                    X