• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ive returned to the dark side again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive returned to the dark side again

Handed in my notice yesterday, and start a new contract on the 13th of January (got a nice little signing bonus, which is in my bank account now, from the vendor* who's product Ill be implementing next year)

So, taataa permy land and hello contractor scumbags...cause I am home baby!

Oh, and best part is the rate is a nice four figure daily sum...peow peow!

Regards

Mailman

*No, Im not working for a vendor but a financial institution who wants to tighten its IT security up after the HMRC fiasco. Reminds me, I should send HMRC some flowers for enabling me to get the rate I asked for without the bank flinching**

** I did wonder though whether I should have doubled my rate after they accepted my first amount without question? Oh well, make hay while the sun shines and all that

Pinko anti US treehugger
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
      Oh, and best part is the rate is a nice four figure daily sum...peow peow!
      Payment in Hungarian Forint again?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well done mate. Your round I think
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Maybe we need to start headbutting walls, soon we could be earning like Mailman
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Maybe we need to start headbutting walls, soon we could be earning like Mailman
            Im banking, pardon the pun, on HMRC doing something totally stupid yet totally avoidable in about a years time when Ill be looking for my next project

Godd bless HMRC

Mailman

Comment

Could you delete my records while you are there?

Comment

yeah 4 figure daily dates are nice aren't they?

mind you mine is in euros which makes it not quite as smokin. oh well. maybe next time.

well done. welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Could you delete my records while you are there?
                  HMRC's incompetence will get that done before my incompetence does!

Mailman

Comment

IT Security = Loadsamoney

One area that will never be outsourced.
                    Not for tWats though (I know you are reading this)
                    Well done mate.
                    Are you Aussie/Kiwi by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                    X