• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flipin agents, part 927

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipin agents, part 927

Pimp wants to put me forward for a gig at place.

He is trying to get me to put a proprietry term that only this client uses throughout my CV (sorry company brochure).

I know all the players in my field and have never used the term anywhere else.

Do I

1. Play ball, after all this is a sales job

2. Insist no, because it will not ring true if I do it.

How would the rest of you play it?
    Last edited by Gonzo; 12 December 2007, 10:39. Reason: Bad spelling

What is the proprietary term. Is it like related to patents, copyrights etc or is it ownership and control related?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      What is the proprietary term. Is it like related to patents, copyrights etc or is it ownership and control related?
      It is ownership and control related. It is part of the name of the client, and each player in the field phrases the same thing slightly differently.

Comment

Thought you were having a break anyway?

Ditch it, and put your feet up.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sell your soul. In the long run it makes financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Thought you were having a break anyway?

Ditch it, and put your feet up.
            I know, I know.

He called me on the number at my now ex-client yesterday, which I will never be answering again.

I don't set goals and work towards them, I just go with the flow which is what I am doing now.

I just now need to work out where he got the number from because I haven't give that one out to anyone unless it was client related business.

Anyway, back to the thread, I think that he has now accepted that my brain contains 20 years* industry knowledge and his doesn't so we are doing it my way and we will see what happens. I am really not bothered.

* That is 10 years hands on and 10 years learned knowledge. I am not THAT old.

Comment

Company brochure my arse - you've been reading too many of Denny's posts!!

Anyway, my rule of thumb is that my CV has been successful so far in bagging me contracts so I see no reason to change it. When agents ask me to fine tune my CV to match the requirements I say no, and, if I was in your position right now, I would be saying the same thing...

HTH

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

put a small (tm) near the proprietary mark and acknowledge at bottom
                in small writing that this is registered trade mark of said company.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Anyway, my rule of thumb is that my CV has been successful so far in bagging me contracts so I see no reason to change it. When agents ask me to fine tune my CV to match the requirements I say no, and, if I was in your position right now, I would be saying the same thing...

HTH

I agree it is good to stick to your guns as it is your words not the agents that they are really interested in.

Comment

I can't believe she has got to me like that.

HTH

Agreed, and that is the way that I am playing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X