• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They grow up so quickly these days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They grow up so quickly these days

My youngest daughter (8) has a book called "Let's talk about where babies come from". She showed me a picture (a cartoon actually) of a man and woman in bed, under the covers, man on top of woman - she said the book says they're having a special cuddle to make a baby.

Then she said "It looks like they're having sex".

It's quite an informative book actually. Apparently I have an epididymus. First I've heard of it. I wonder if I've got other bits that I haven't heard of.

Try "Mummy Laid An Egg" - that has some interesting pictures in it.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Think yourself lucky. Most of the kids on the housing estate near where i live are actively participating rather than just talking about it by the age of 8.

Comment

as long as that is not why you live there...

Comment

I remember sex education and we watched a video that had two robots in it ?? how funny
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            as long as that is not why you live there...

The inside of your mind is a dirty, dirty place.

Comment

i know. the cleaner is on strike.

Comment

My girl is almost 3 weeks old and hasn't said a word yet? I'm training her hard to say daddy first.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  My girl is almost 3 weeks old and hasn't said a word yet? I'm training her hard to say daddy first.
                  3 weeks, bit ambitious that.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    It may be a touch early.

Give it another few days and start beating her if she hasn't managed to recite the complete works of Shakespeare by then.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X