• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - Unemployment at 32 yr low

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed - Unemployment at 32 yr low

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7140069.stm

The number of people seeking jobless benefits in the UK has fallen to a 32-year low, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.
    The number claiming jobseeker's allowance fell by 11,100 in November to 813,000, the lowest since June 1975.

You've never had it so good.

What are the numbers on incapacity benefits? I am sure it gone up by at least one - "Dow Jones" chappy.

Comment

And how many are "working" for the public sector?

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
        It's been a while Perl, where you hiding? I am actually a member of local Perl group, going to pub today all for a nice Xmas meal and lots of different ales

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
          At least 1/2 million more since labour came to power isn't it?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's been a while Perl, where you hiding? I am actually a member of local Perl group, going to pub today all for a nice Xmas meal and lots of different ales
            Sounds like a right laugh!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Makes a nice change from the alcohol free becks I am sure

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                At least 1/2 million more since labour came to power isn't it?
                It's a relief to know that we've seen such an improvement in the delivery and quality of public services since 1997 then.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  It's a relief to know that we've seen such an improvement in the delivery and quality of public services since 1997 then.
                  yup, was about right with my first guess:

http://www.onrec.com/content2/news.asp?ID=6873

2 in 5 new jobs since 1997 in the public sector.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Makes a nice change from the alcohol free becks I am sure
                    Yup

It's a proper pub with lots of different ales - they change them monthly

Comment

Working...
                    X