• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fingers crossed folks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed folks

Just when I thought this year could not get any worse!!

Earlier this year my wife had a kidney transplant. Things went ok although she has caught an infection from the kidney and so has been set back much further than we had expected. They have only just found out about this although she has been suffering the 'calssic symptoms' for the past 3 months.

Last week she found a lump in one of her boobs. Last week she got it checked out and was sent for a scan today. On her way home she was called and told to go back to the hospital as there is a 'lot of mass' there. She is having a biopsy. Does anybody know how long the results take to come back from one of these?

feckkin hell I hate 2007 - but not as much as my wife.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Just when I thought this year could not get any worse!!

Earlier this year my wife had a kidney transplant. Things went ok although she has caught an infection from the kidney and so has been set back much further than we had expected. They have only just found out about this although she has been suffering the 'calssic symptoms' for the past 3 months.

Last week she found a lump in one of her boobs. Last week she got it checked out and was sent for a scan today. On her way home she was called and told to go back to the hospital as there is a 'lot of mass' there. She is having a biopsy. Does anybody know how long the results take to come back from one of these?

flipkin hell I hate 2007 - but not as much as my wife.
    I am sorry to hear that. Hope things get better.

Comment

I hope everything turns out ok mate and 2008 is a good one for you and the missus. Best of luck.

Comment

Sorry, can't answer the question but am hoping for the best.

Agreed 2007 has been a tulip year for you both. Here's hoping for a better 2008.

Comment

Flippin heck mate, thats pants....

They are usually pretty quick, from what I can gather - I hope it's all ok!!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            flipkin hell I hate 2007 - but not as much as my wife.
            You shouldn't hate your wife - she needs your support!!

All the best for 2008...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

My experience of waiting for biopsy results is that it pays to chase them up frequently. We were assured that we didn't have to worry, but when I chased it up the consultant had buggered off on holiday. It took a lot of calls to get it dealt with by someone else rather than wait the three weeks for him to come back.

I expect it depends on your local hospital, but you should also ask your GP to chase them up.

Comment

Best of luck mate

Nobody knows what you've been through if they haven't been through it themselves. Big C is such a downer, but people that have survived it, say no 1 rule is 'never give up' no matter what. Mind over matter and all that. Not a medical expert, but no news (or early news) is good news. The more it takes, the worse you feel.
                You are very brave despite of all this to carry on posting and keep a brave face. You are a better man than most here.

Comment

Sorry to hear that and I hope everything turns out OK.

Make sure you pamper her a bit. How about getting her a bunch of flowers or cooking her favourite meal?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Tony there may be some tough times ahead,I wish you strength and your wife good health.
                    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Working...
                    X