• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on registering to vote and credit rating for loans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on registering to vote and credit rating for loans

Advice neede on registering to vote and how it would affect my credit rating for changing my mortgate to a fixed after the existing fixed rate term ends.

Do I really have to register myself locally to vote even though I don't want to in order to avoid a bad credit rating if I don't ?

cheers.

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Advice neede on registering to vote and how it would affect my credit rating for changing my mortgate to a fixed after the existing fixed rate term ends.

Do I really have to register myself locally to vote even though I don't want to in order to avoid a bad credit rating if I don't ?

cheers.
    Been on the elec register will basically mean when you are credit scored you get points, being on the register gives bigs points, the higher the points the better the score. SOME lenders insist on your being on the register and some dont. If your Credit score is good enough you might be able to get away with not being on the register but they are likely to ask you for more supporting evidence for your applications like a couple more bills, banks statements etc. To be honest I cant see why you dont want to be on the electrol register, its not that much of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      If you're not on the register, then you don't get called for Jury Duty...
      Jury Duty is an honour that every man or woman should be happy to do

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        If you're not on the register, then you don't get called for Jury Duty...

Sounds like a win win situation to me...
        They do like to see a few years on the electoral roll because it confirms your address and shows that you are not a fly-by-night.

PCG Plus gives you £300 a day cover if you can't do your contract because you are called.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          They do like to see a few years on the electoral roll because it confirms your address and shows that you are not a fly-by-night.

PCG Plus gives you £300 a day cover if you can't do your contract because you are called.
          Only if you are in contract will they pay out, though.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X