• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flipping houses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipping houses

No....i don't mean picking them up and flipping them.

Does anyone as a side line (PLAN B) buy and renovate houses as a hobbie or as an actual PLAN B income. I did it to my last house but lived in it once it was finished. Managed to make 50k profit on it but never felt confident to do it full time.

Thought that maybe i could do it between contracts.....anyone else into flipping houses ??

"Appologise for such a serious question so early on in the day"
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

I think now may be the wrong time to be thinking about renovating property. Half of what you gain in value by renovating will probably be wiped out by falling prices.

Doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
      I think now may be the wrong time to be thinking about renovating property. Half of what you gain in value by renovating will probably be wiped out by falling prices.

Doomed.
      Thanks for the advice Churchill......oops sorry i mean RandyW
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

My sister-in-law and her other half have just aborted plans to become property developers (ala Property Ladder stylee).

They now have a large old knackered house that no one wants to buy and a huge mortgage to contend with, quotes from builders 3x what they expected and the prospect of falling prices in the area.

Not the wisest of moves to enter this plan b.

Comment

You mean become property millionaires
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            They now have a large old knackered house that no one wants to buy
            Incorrect. I'll want to buy it - I have 30 grand waiting in the bank which may be the best offer they'll get in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
            X