• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many points

Had no choice but to jump a red light a few weeks ago (didnt shoot through a red at 90, they just turned as i went through - would have been too dangerous to brake last min) and also got flashed by the camera....

got a letter in post asking for drivers details from the police

Does anyone know hpow many points the MET Police give for a redlight offence?
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Originally posted by poser View Post
    Had no choice but to jump a red light a few weeks ago (didnt shoot through a red at 90, they just turned as i went through - would have been too dangerous to brake last min) and also got flashed by the camera....

Was driving too fast to stop in time if the lights changed

Looking here, it's 3 points.

Comment

Standard fixed penalty

TS10 is the code

3 points and £60 fine
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Thats a total of 6 in under a year....

i didnt have any till 2007
        cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

sell the car quickly and say that you weren't the driver and that you forgot to send of the V5 until this week with new owners details on ?
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            sell the car quickly and say that you weren't the driver and that you forgot to send of the V5 until this week with new owners details on ?
            Set yourself up for a spell inside for perverting the course of justice...

Comment

Say you lent it to some immigrant unemployed Russian bloke who lives in a bedsit in brum, whilst his Pug was being fixed again.

Comment

It's a TS10, 3 points and £60, got it myself racing home to catch the 2nd half of an England game (in the era of Shearer).
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Reply saying you had lent the car to an aquaintance to make a delivery. Unfortunately you only know him as "bob the fish" or "knuckles" etc.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I got snapped about 12 months ago on a red light (when it was icy) I genuinely couldn't stop and I was only marginally over the limit (not the drink-drive one I might add!).

I got the usual through the post and I was quite busy at the time and forgot about it. They never followed it up and I never heard anything else. So I shredded it and filed it in the wheelie bin.

Anyone else had that? Could be worth a shot, after all mail does go missing from time to time!
                    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X