• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tracing Phone Numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracing Phone Numbers

I've just had 2 missed calls, both from Liverpool going by the dialing code. I tried calling both back, one just fails and the other gives a voice message stating that this number does not accept incomming calls.

Does anybody know a way of finding out who these numbers are registered to?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Tried googling them?

Comment

yes - that was my first port of call. Nothing with google
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Probably just cold calls. I hate those bastards.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Could have been one of those survey clowns.

So far this month I've had...

1) Survey on my car service.
          2) Survey on my "Virgin Media" cable box swap out. WTF?
          3) Survey about T-Mobile when I called for a PAC code to move my work moby to Orange.
          4) Survey about my sofa delivery.

This country has gone statistic mad. They're worse than talking to a pimp
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Yes, but a lot of companies will give you a follow up call to see if all was well.

Better that than tulip service.

Comment

Numbers are often allocated to a company or organisation in consecutive blocks, so you could try different numbers near the target one.

If, for example, you've got 0151 123 4512, try Googling for 0151 123 4500, 4501, etc.

Comment

cheers folks I'll look into it - or I might just sack it as it is probably somebody trying to sell me something I don't really want/need

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Stick a post up on MSE - I'm sure one of the tight wads on there will recognise the number.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    I've just had 2 missed calls, both from Liverpool going by the dialing code. I tried calling both back, one just fails and the other gives a voice message stating that this number does not accept incomming calls.

Does anybody know a way of finding out who these numbers are registered to?
                    Auto dialing system probably.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X