• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to Chasing the Aurora?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Chasing the Aurora?

He vanished.

What's the story?

You don't know?

BTW Asked my mate from Forres the other day about him, and he's no idea who he is.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      He vanished.

What's the story?
      Keep up at the back!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ighlight=craig

Comment

Apparently his priorities have changed and now he is more concerned not to drop soap in the baths...

Comment

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/lifestyl...8057-20224451/

Comment

Colclough recently launched Chasing The Aurora - his fundraising solo bid to reach the North Pole.

He claimed all donations would go to the Royal British Legion and the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association charity.

Colclough, now living in London, bragged to local newspapers and created a website about the trip. But the expedition - due to start on December 1 - was cancelled due to a supposed knee injury.

He told one paper: "I wanted to do something that had never been tried before.

"This is perhapsmy last chance to do something special while helping two charities I care passionately about."

One sponsor, BillWilson from Aviemore-based Glenmore Sledges, revealed how a s700 cheque from him for a sledge had bounced.

He said: "I got a call from his brother warning me to have nothing to do with him.

"He said he was a fraudster and had as much chance of getting to the North Pole as he had of canoeing to the moon."
            Fook me!!!

Craig is Threaded and I claim my free Polar Bear, bogus military background, knee injury, wives, and £50,000 in charity money. Allegedly.
            Last edited by DimPrawn; 13 December 2007, 12:39.

Comment

£50,000 in charity money

I was wondering about this. Surely he wouldn't get access to that, as it was paid direct to the charities via justgiving. Or weren't they real either?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                £50,000 in charity money

I was wondering about this. Surely he wouldn't get access to that, as it was paid direct to the charities via justgiving. Or weren't they real either?

Bloody hope they were, I sponsered him! Only a few quid but even so....

Mind you, if he had that many wives to keep he probably needed the cash
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Mind you, if he had that many wives to keep he probably needed the cash
                  Do you think the judge will be sympathetic?

Comment

Efforts have been transferred to a less achievable goal:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...thefaqqer.html

Comment

Working...
                    X