• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exercise Equiptment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Equiptment.

Hi

As you know I'm just starting out on this exercise stuff....

I've got a treadmill and an exercise bike, and I'm going on for half an hour each night (20 mins treadmill, 10 mins bike).
    My stamina is building up amazingly well on both, but I get a little bored on the bike.

I'd ideally like to be able to do an hours exercise every night when I get in from work, so I reckon I need to add some new machinery.

I'm thinking of a rowing machine, and possibly something else...maybe a stepper? (Are they worth the money? or would it be a phase?)

I have an exercise ball (which is briliant) for toning, but I reckon I need more cardio vascular stuff?

Am I on the right lines if I aim for: -

20 mins treadmill
    10 mins bike
    10 mins rowing machine
    20 mins stepper??

then 10 mins cooling down with my exercise ball?

Any advice from the fitter members of CUK?
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 13 December 2007, 13:25.
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

20 mins treadmill
    10 mins bike
    10 mins rowing machine
    20 mins stepper??
    Here is something else that would lead to same results but keep your hubby happy:

20 mins cooking
    10 mins cleaning kitchen
    10 mins cleaning house
    20 mins [censored]

Comment

Join a gym, home exercise equipment is pants. Fitness first is circa £30 a month, they can set you a programme to lose weight, you could even have a personal trainer.

stands back for usual flamming
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Why dont you just join a gym

Comment

Hi :wave

As you know I'm just starting out on this exercise stuff....

I've got a treadmill and an exercise bike, and I'm going on for half an hour each night (20 mins treadmill, 10 mins bike).
          My stamina is building up amazingly well on both, but I get a little bored on the bike.

I'd ideally like to be able to do an hours exercise every night when I get in from work, so I reckon I need to add some new machinery.

I'm thinking of a rowing machine, and possibly something else...maybe a stepper? (Are they worth the money? or would it be a phase?)

I have an exercise ball (which is briliant) for toning, but I reckon I need more cardio vascular stuff?

20 mins treadmill
          10 mins bike
          10 mins rowing machine
          20 mins stepper??

then 10 mins cooling down with my exercise ball?

Any advice from the fitter members of CUK?
          Sounds reasonable.
          Concentrate on the treadmill and the rowing machine and up your times gradually. Don't overdo it to start with so get a heart monitor, so you can see that your rate is within safe limits.
          Ideally your heart rate must go up and you must be sweating at the end of it.
          The bike isn't as effective.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

poser

or you could try 5 min warm up

15 min of bike, walking, running, cross trainer, etc etc x3

anything more than 45 mins ur wasting your time....

my 5ps worth
            cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

(Are they worth the money? or would it be a phase?)
              If you are overweight it will be just a phase.

Comment

The Concept II rowing machines you see in gyms are good but probably cost a bomb. There is no way of cheating and you'll need to be pretty fit to do 10 mins on even an easy setting. No boredom, more like pain. I'd try one in the gym before splashing out.

Comment

I bought the wife one of these fitness machines last year.

She now spends hours using it, up and down the stairs, and I'm impressed at the results.

http://www.vax.co.uk/vax/product_ran...hp?rangeID=262

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Sounds reasonable.
                    Concentrate on the treadmill and the rowing machine and up your times gradually. Don't overdo it to start with so get a heart monitor, so you can see that your rate is within safe limits.
                    Ideally your heart rate must go up and you must be sweating at the end of it.
                    The bike isn't as effective.

Yeah I'm not feeling much from the bike like - it pulls my stomach and leg muscles a bit, but I tend to use it as a cooling down thing at the minute.

I love the treadmill though - and yes there's a lot of sexy sweat afterwards (and it's got a heart monitor thing on it which I use).

I've been going on every day (ish) for about 4 weeks now - at the start I could only walk for 5 mins! Now I'm jogging for most of the 20 (with fast running in spurts). I'm really enjoying it.

Will the rowing machine be cardio SAS? Or does it just build your upper body strength?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X