• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Embuggerance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Embuggerance

Author Terry Pratchett is suffering from a rare form of early Alzheimer's disease, it has been revealed.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Author Terry Pratchett is suffering from a rare form of early Alzheimer's disease, it has been revealed.
    Read all his books. the man is a god of literature and humor and it will be a crying shame for the world to lose this man's boundless talent,
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I've never met the bloke. I'm not related. I don't know if I even know anybody that has met him.

But I don't want it to be true.

I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to stop waiting for his next book to come out. I'll miss that feeling: it has been a small but persistent part of me for many years.

Still, cheer up! The bugger's not dead yet!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Pretty much all of us will come to a bad end?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Pretty much all of us will come to a bad end?

Still, just so long as Malcolm Middleton's 'We're All Going To Die' gets to be the Xmas Number One, I don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQiLyfJNPTQ
          Last edited by BrowneIssue; 13 December 2007, 15:58. Reason: Forgot the link!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            I've never met the bloke. I'm not related. I don't know if I even know anybody that has met him.

But I don't want it to be true.

I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to stop waiting for his next book to come out. I'll miss that feeling: it has been a small but persistent part of me for many years.

Still, cheer up! The bugger's not dead yet!
            I met him once in Norwich when he was doing a book signing and he was as nice as you would expect.
            I started reading his discworld books from day 1 and look forward to reading the rest of his books when they appear.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Most shoplifted author ever apparently. Only read a couple, mort being my favourite. Love the idea of death going for a curry.

Comment

Working...
              X