• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fecking Fasthosts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fecking Fasthosts

Woke up this morning and could not access my fasthosts email account nor my fasthosts account page. Was getting the bad username or password error. Nothing changed on my PC since yesterday.

Ring them up - line constantly engaged.

Email them - emails get bounced back because I am not putting a PIN number in my email which I can get from my fasthost account page. Problem is, if you have been paying attention, I cannot access my fasthosts account page either.

Did a google news google and discovered that fasthosts have been resetting their customers passwords! They had a big security breach a few months ago.

Read a few articles online and fasthosts are claiming they sent out emails or letters with new passwords. Well, I didn't get one!

Just been reading a comment on one site from someone who said he had discovered that they had deleted his entire account.

Can't email the sods and can't get through on the telephone. Complete and utter wank!

I have paid 12 months up front for this tulipe! I can see myself taking them to the small claims court next week!

House pricing crash starts from ISPs!

Anyway, I think you should feature resident real estate experts on the matter of imminent horrific house price crash that will happen very soon....

Comment

Ahem.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ty-breach.html

Comment

As we say around here, they are tulip.

Comment

Still can't get through on their 24x7 helpline!

I wonder just how many accounts are screwed!

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
            As we say around here, they are tulip.
            Yes. I got berated in my original thread for daring question why users passwords were stored in plain-text format in the DB.

Comment

This makes interesting reading. Time to move?

Linky
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Just ringing their helpline now - I am at position 59....

Comment

Reliable ISP

Can someone recommend a good ISP. I am going to try and get my domain moved tomorrow from fasthosts as I am shocked by what I am reading online about them.

My domain is my main email so I am in a pickle until I can get a new hosting company.

Anyone know what the procedure/time scales are for moving a domain name from one ISP to another is these days?

Comment

Originally posted by PropertyCrashUK View Post
                    Can someone recommend a good ISP. I am going to try and get my domain moved tomorrow from fasthosts as I am shocked by what I am reading online about them.

My domain is my main email so I am in a pickle until I can get a new hosting company.

Anyone know what the procedure/time scales are for moving a domain name from one ISP to another is these days?
                    I use these guys, excellent service

Linky

Last domain I moved took 5 days but that included domain transfer as well. Changing DNS is usually just an hour or two but can take up to forty eight hours.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X