• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have just seen...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just seen...

"In the night garden" on CBBC - perhaps the strangest TV program I have seen for a while. No wonder the youth of today is so flipped up.

Anybody else seen something strange recently?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Was this by accident? I assume most of the parents of young children on the board will have heard of it.

Its not so different to when we grew up though is it? No-one can really argue that Jamie and his Magic Torch wasn't the product of a drug addled brain!
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Wasn't Magic Roundabout drug inspired.... and as for "Puff the magic Dragon"
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        "In the night garden" on CBBC - perhaps the strangest TV program I have seen for a while. No wonder the youth of today is so flipped up.

Anybody else seen something strange recently?
        Oh, and in answer to your question I was out at lunch the other day and a woman dropped her keks and took a slash in the street - does that count? I'd be hard pushed to attribute it to "In the Night Garden" though.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Oh, and in answer to your question I was out at lunch the other day and a woman dropped her keks and took a slash in the street - does that count? I'd be hard pushed to attribute it to "In the Night Garden" though.
          I assume that this was the product of a drug addled brain too I hasten to add.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            I assume that this was the product of a drug addled brain too I hasten to add.

My 4 yr old rants away in dutch and he recently started blurting out something that sounds like a well-dodgy bit of flemish sweariness. Turns out it is also the name of one of the characters in 'In the Night Garden" - tricky one to explain in the supermarket queue

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
              My 4 yr old rants away in dutch and he recently started blurting out something that sounds like a well-dodgy bit of flemish sweariness. Turns out it is also the name of one of the characters in 'In the Night Garden" - tricky one to explain in the supermarket queue
              Igglepiggle, Maka Paka, Tombliboos or Pontipines?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Igglepiggle, Maka Paka, Tombliboos or Pontipines?
                De Tweede.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Bill and Ben the flower pot men...

Opdebop wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddd dd....
                  Flobelob weeeeeed
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

My niece was over last week and we put this on.

She was absolutely mesmerised by it and couldn't take her eyes off the TV.

Was weird sh1t to me but, judging by my nieces reaction (she's 12 months old), the people who created this know what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X