• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Time"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Time"

Time does not exist. It is an intangible creation of man's mind to comprehend the order of events in our universe. Event occur in a linear mechanism and hence we see things unfolding as if in a logical order, one after another, and so we believe that "time" is passing by. "Time" has been created by man to facilitate our understanding of how the universe chooses to decide the flow of these events.

In other universes, events occur in no particular order - events can be here, now, or there, then, or somewhere way back when. There is no logical order of flow and so there is no "time". For us, with our limited linear concept of "time", this is chaotic and incomprehensible. But there, everything is in the now, in the present - "time" is spatial and not dependent on an orderly unfolding of events.

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Time does not exist.
    Yes it does - I bought a copy last week.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Time does not exist. It is an intangible creation of man's mind to comprehend the order of events in our universe. Event occur in a linear mechanism and hence we see things unfolding as if in a logical order, one after another, and so we believe that "time" is passing by. "Time" has been created by man to facilitate our understanding of how the universe chooses to decide the flow of these events.

In other universes, events occur in no particular order - events can be here, now, or there, then, or somewhere way back when. There is no logical order of flow and so there is no "time". For us, with our limited linear concept of "time", this is chaotic and incomprehensible. But there, everything is in the now, in the present - "time" is spatial and not dependent on an orderly unfolding of events.
      Is that the best excuse you could come up with for being late this morning?

What about the 3 spatial dimensions, do they exist?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Yes it does - I bought a copy last week.
        So it's true then Tazman. Faqqer went back into last week today to buy a copy.
        Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          What about the 3 spatial dimensions, do they exist?
          I do okay with x and y, but lately I've been feeling that z is all in the mind.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Read below:
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

...is on my mind.

Gentlemen.

to go home.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I do okay with x and y, but lately I've been feeling that z is all in the mind.
                You are Moose and I claim my free MSN messenger download.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  You are Moose and I claim my free MSN messenger download.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Time doesn't exist, much like space also doesn't.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X