• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you know?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know?

There are colonies of red necked wallabies living wild in England?

Latin name: Macropus rufogriseus

Size: Around 60 to 65cms tall.

Distribution: Found in parts of the Peak District and a small area of mid Sussex south of Gatwick Airport.

Months seen: All year round

Habitat: Areas of open countryside and heathland.

Food: Grass, heather, bracken and low growing vegetation.

Special features: Red-necked wallabies were first introduced to British zoos over one hundred years ago. They originally came from Tasmania, an island off south east Australia. The climate in Tasmania is similar to ours here in the UK, and consequently the few which escaped into the countryside, or were released, have survived well.

In the UK, mating occurs in August, and the young are born in September. Red-necked wallabies are medium sized kangaroos, and like other kangaroos, the young are carried around in a pouch on the mothers abdomen.

Not a lot of people know that.

Please share your amazing Did You Know facts.

• The NATO attack on Serbia in 1999 during the Kosovo war killed more animals than people.
    • The very first bomb that the Allies dropped on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
    • There are 92 known cases of nuclear bombs lost at sea.
    • The first reference to a handgun was made in an order for iron bullets in 1326.
    • When killed in battle, Japanese officers were promoted to the next highest rank.

Comment

Originating from near the Peak District I actually already knew that fact - cold you please clarify if under the terms of the SLA of your thread I am entitled to receive a new previously unknown 'fact'

And just to be absolutely clear on the matter, answering no....next
      is not an acceptable response
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Originating from near the Peak District I actually already knew that fact - cold you please clarify if under the terms of the SLA of your thread I am entitled to receive a new previously unknown 'fact'

Did you know?

Prescriptions (NHS) are free in Wales, but the English have to pay?

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/page.cfm?pid=9586

Good innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

I thought the colony died out a few years back after a hard winter !?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            I thought the colony died out a few years back after a hard winter !?
            For a moment I thought you were talking about Wales.

Comment

Working...
            X