• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

irobot Roomba

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irobot Roomba

Roomba, has anyone got one or heard of it?

they are automatic vacuum cleaners that scan the room and get a layout of it, then systematically vacuum it, if it finds a door it goes through and adds the new room to its list and when its low on battery it returns to its charging base and recharges itself.

sounds perfect, was wondering if anyone has actually got one or seen them in use?

have been told the older models were not very good with objects (i.e would knock over glasses etc.) and didnt do corners very well. From reading reviews the later models 530 and up have solved these problems.

thanks in advance

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

get a wife... more reliable
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      got a girlfriend, she works, drinks, helps spend my money and if im lucky sleeps with me, that's good enough..

.. although an upgrade might be required before the words "i do" come along

Comment

This is the one you want.

http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=305

Comment

Battery technology sucks, not

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Agreed, it probably wouldn't suck like a wife with vacuum cleaner.

Comment

As a Plan B, I was actually considering setting up a wife/girlfriend training school for all you youngsters out there too busy to teach them yourselves the rudimentary arts of obedience / domestic bliss / secrets of the bedroom /map reading / when to talk during sporting events etc

I blame their mothers
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              Roomba, has anyone got one or heard of it?

Chef
              I've got one, they work remarkably well except that you need to keep any cords/cables out if it's way. You can schedule it to come on once a day when you're out. Still need a real vacuum once in a while for the very corners etc. but from a geek point of view it's a great toy.

Comment

Had one for years. Just bought a new APS battery for it incidentally. Needed to glue the tires back on, and give it a blast all over with a compressed airgun a feww weeks ago, but that's it for maintenance.

I keep birds and they are really fantastic for getting up all them little bits of bird food that get everywhere.

Was going to buy myself that latest 560. It's supposed to run at set times, return to base and recharge itself. etc. That would've been for Xmas, but I bought myself a fancy new guitar instead.

Highly recommended. I think they're great.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

great, im off to John Lewis to get one then..

thanks all

Comment

I think it is wrong you are using a robot to clean your house when we have millions of hard working immigrants willing to do the job.

I'd take a 25 year old Polish girl over a robot any day.

Comment

Working...
                    X