• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cisco certification

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cisco certification

I have the opportunity to get started on Cisco certification in the new year. Checking out the CCNA cert, there looks to be 2 paths to it. Do both the ICND1 & 2 courses & then either:

1. Take the 640-802 CCNA exam
    2. Take the 640-822 ICND1 & 640-816 ICND2 exams

Which option would those who've done their CCNA recommend?

Looking a little further down the road, I'm thinking of doing the 'Network Security' path, rather than 'Routing & Switching'. Sound reasonable??

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Looking a little further down the road, I'm thinking of doing the 'Network Security' path, rather than 'Routing & Switching'. Sound reasonable??
    This question is way too serious for General. Maybe snaw will oblige though - apparently he is such a bright networking engineer that John Chambers himself handwritten his certificate.

Comment

I did mine in 1 exam, it depends how quickly you want to do it. What study methods are you using?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Been a long time since I did my CCNA - looks like it's completely changed from when I sat it.

Whatever suits you I guess - want to sit it in one exam, slightly harder, or two? Real decisions come after you've got it about which track you want to go down.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

On further investigation the new curriculum came into effect in August this year.

The CCNA & ICND1 exam look similar in terms of duration (90 Minutes, 50-60 questions). The ICND2 exam is 75 minutes, 45-55 questions. I'm leaning towards doing the 2 seperate exams.

I'll be doing this at a training provider.

Comment

Apparently the second exam is more similar to the single one. I went on a really good course for my one that is geared to the single exam, it only took about 3 months.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
            X